Travel Within NSW
There are no travel restrictions around travelling to or from regional or rural NSW, or other areas of NSW.
However, NSW Health currently recommends delaying non-essential travel within NSW, especially between Greater Sydney and regional areas.
Holiday Homes and Holiday Rentals
Visitor restrictions are in place for Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Northern Beaches, Central Coast and Wollongong.
In other areas in NSW (including regional NSW), for a holiday home or short term rental
- the square metres rule does not apply
- up to 50 people may stay in a holiday home or holiday rental.
If you are visiting a national park camping ground you must book ahead.
If you are planning to visit other Australian states and territories, check local arrangements prior to your trip. Some states and territories may require travellers to quarantine on arrival.
- Australian Capital Territory: travel advice
- Northern Territory: interstate arrivals and quarantine
- Queensland border restrictions
- South Australia: domestic travel restrictions
- Tasmania: border restrictions and COVID-19 community updates
- Victoria’s COVID-19 restriction levels
- Western Australia: COVID-19 travel advice
For more information on rules and restrictions: