These small Australian far west villages were busy hubs back then as there was a much greater need for farm labour in surrounding area. The mail came by a 2 horse couch twice weekly service, funnily enough, current residents receive mail 3 times a week.On the 6th of February 1889, 2.5 acres of land was dedicated for the new Euabalong Public School. The first teacher on the record was Miss Bertha Griffiths, with approximate annual wages of 120 pounds. Some interesting Department of Education records reveal that at the time of the female teacher being in charge, the residents in town petitioned to the department that a male teacher should be appointed to the school. According to the department, Mrs Payle’s abilities as a teacher were more than adequate and how her school was run, and so it was not until 1901 that Mr Martin Justelius was appointed as a teacher in charge.